The key to a healthy and happy dog is feeding them a nutritious and balanced diet.
Our Black Hawk dog food recipes are complete and balanced foods specifically designed to meet their daily vitamin and mineral needs. Black Hawk dog food is highly palatable so you can rest assured that your dog will love the taste and look forward to eating it every day.
What stage is my dog in?
Using your dog’s (projected) adult weight, determine if they are considered small, medium, or large in size. The transition age associated with their adult weight is the age at which they transition between puppy and adult, or adult and senior (as the case may be).
|0 - 4.9kg||< 8 mths||8 mths - 10 yrs||+10 yrs|
|5 - 9.9kg||< 10 mths||10 mths - 10 yrs||+10 yrs|
|10 - 14.9kg||< 12 mths||12 mths - 10 yrs||+12 yrs|
|15 - 19.9kg||< 12 mths||12 mths - 9 yrs||+9 yrs|
|20 - 30kg||< 15 mths||15 mths - 9 yrs||+9 yrs|
|30.1 - 40kg||< 15 mths||15 mths - 8 yrs||+8 yrs|
|40.1 - 50kg||< 18 mths||18 mths - 8 yrs||+8 yrs|
|50.1 - 60kg||< 20 mths||20 mths - 7 yrs||+7 yrs|
|+60kg||< 22 mths||22 mths - 7 yrs||+7 yrs|
The taste they’ll love, with the nutrition they need
Every Black Hawk ingredient is carefully selected for its' nutritional value, with none being present for no reason.
Each individual component that makes it into our dog food recipes has a nutritional or functional purpose, so you’ll never find artificial preservatives, colours, flavours or any unnecessary fillers in our dog foods.
Black Hawk dog food is highly palatable so you can be rest assured that not only is it balanced, healthy and nutritious, but your dog will love the taste and look forward to eating it every day.
Complete puppy nutrition for optimal development.
Puppy Formulas are specifically developed to meet the nutritional needs of your growing puppy, nurturing their brain and body for optimal growth and development, providing them with the best start to life no matter their breed, age, size or level of activity.
We offer specialist small, medium and large breed puppy foods which have been specially formulated for different sized puppies based on their nutritional needs in their early stages of growth.
Adult dog food
Black Hawk Adult Dog Formulas are complete and balanced foods specifically developed for adult dogs and designed to meet their vitamin and mineral needs. Balanced nutrition is essential for maintaining a healthy body and mind throughout your dog’s life.
The taste they’ll love, the nutrition they need.
Unlike other brands that may appear cheaper, every Black Hawk ingredient is carefully selected for nutritional value, with no empty calories from grains or other fillers. Each individual component that makes it into our recipes has a nutritional purpose, so you’ll never find wheat, corn, soy, gluten, artificial preservatives, colours, flavours or any unnecessary fillers in our dog foods.
Black Hawk dog food is highly palatable so you can rest assured that not only is it balanced, healthy and nutritious, but your dog will love the taste and look forward to eating it every day.
Dog food for every stage of life.
The key to a healthy and happy dog is feeding them a nutritious and balanced diet right from the very start. As your beloved pet grows, their dietary needs will change and their diet should reflect those changes. For instance, puppies need a nutrient-dense, high-energy diet to help fuel their growing bodies, while older dogs need lower-energy food that’s formulated for joint health and other issues faced by older pets.
At Black Hawk, we’ve developed optimal dog food blends for puppies and adult dogs of all sizes, breeds and lifestyles to help support them through every stage of life.
Puppy Formulas are specifically developed to meet the nutritional needs of your growing puppy, nurturing their brain and body for optimal growth and development, providing them with the best start to life no matter their breed, age, size or level of activity. Our Ocean Fish Grain Free Puppy Food, for instance, is ideal for growing pups and is made up of 50% fish, fish oil, meat proteins and fat, with the other 50% being vegetables, fruits and vegetable oils – that's it, no fillers and plenty of healthy fats and oils for healthy growth. We also offer specialist small, medium and large breed puppy foods which have been specially formulated for different sized puppies based on their nutritional needs in their early stages of growth.
Adult Dog Food
Black Hawk Adult Dog Formulas are complete and balanced foods specifically developed for adult dogs and designed to meet their vitamin and mineral needs. Balanced nutrition is essential for maintaining a healthy body and mind throughout your dog’s life. We stock a blend to suit any dog from our Lamb & Beef Working Dog Food for sustained energy in busy dogs to our gentle and nutritionally balanced Chicken Grain Free Dog Food for Small Breeds.
What makes Black Hawk pet food so good?
To put it simply, the thing that makes Black Hawk pet food so good is our ingredients. Every ingredient in every recipe has been carefully selected by our team of vets and pet nutritional experts for its nutritional value – every item used in our pet foods provides a benefit, whether it's energy, joint health ,brain function, or others..
As we say, “every ingredient matters”, so everything we pack into our dog foods is there for the benefit of your dog or puppy. Here are some of the ingredients we use in our pet foods.
Fruit and Vegetables
- Pumpkin – Brimming with beta-carotene for vitamin A creation and fibre for healthy digestion, pumpkin is known to help maintain eye health and overall digestive wellbeing.
- Apple – “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”, not just for humans, either! We include apples in some of our products thanks to their high levels of vitamin C and potassium as well as their abundance of insoluble and soluble fibre.
- Beet pulp – This powerhouse vegetable is essential for promoting good gut health. With its high levels of prebiotics and fibre, beet pulp can help your pet develop healthy gut bacteria and improve their digestive health.
- Berries – Full of vitamin C and powerful antioxidants, our blend of cranberries and blueberries may help boost your pet’s immunity and improve their overall health.
- Carrots – Rich in the antioxidant beta-carotene, carrots may promote eye health and immunity , as well as being a source of dietary fibre.
- Sea kelp – Iodine is vital for supporting healthy metabolismand thyroid function . Sea kelp is naturally rich in iodine and provides a readily available source of this important essential nutrient to your dog’s diet.
- Sweet potato – Packed full of complex carbohydrates for energy, antioxidants for health and fibre for digestion, this colourful vegetable provides a healthy and nutrient-dense source of energy for your pet.
Herbs and Roots
- Rosemary – Packed full of antioxidants and flavour , rosemary is also a highly effective natural preservative used to keep your pet’s food fresher for longer. This nutritious herb helps fight free radicals in your pet's body for better cell function.
Dandelion – For digestive health and immune system support .
- Chicory root – Full of prebiotics which supports the growth of healthy gut bacteria and may boost intestinal health.
Nuts and grains
- Oats – These polysaccharide-rich grains provide a fantastic source of energy and deliver a high level of B vitamins and manganese for overall health.
- Beef – 100% Australian beef helps puppies and dogs build muscle, support blood function and energy metabolism. Packed full of iron, this high-quality protein source will keep your pet energetic and healthy.
- Chicken – Our 100% hormone-free Australian chicken is a wholesome source of protein full of chondroitin and glucosamine.
- Eggs – This easy to digest, very high quality protein source contains all essential amino acids and promotes healthy growth and muscle development.
- Kangaroo – Kangaroo meat is naturally lean and packed full of vitamin B12, thiamine and iron for increased energy , nerve health and brain health. This highly digestible, healthy and sustainable meat source is ideal for supporting your dog’s overall vitality and health.
Black Hawk dog food is extremely rich in nutrients and is packed with only the best ingredients hand-selected for the benefits they’ll bring to your pet. All the nutrition they need with no unhealthy or artificial ingredients and only natural preservatives.
Frequently asked questions
Does Black Hawk dog food contain any additives or preservatives?
Black Hawk wet and dry food contains only natural preservatives. A natural preservative is one that occurs naturally in nature, as opposed to a chemical preservative that is made synthetically such as BHT, BHA or ethoxyquin which are often found in cheaper brands.
The natural preservatives we use in our products include rosemary extract, vitamin E (tocopherol) and vitamin C.